CDD meeting at UCSF for Drug Discovery Oct08
Here is the call for poster presentations at the Collaborative Drug Discovery meeting on October 7, 2008 in San Francisco. I look forward to seeing Barry Bunin there and hopefully some of our collaborators.
Hosted by Gladstone Institute and QB3 at the UCSF, Mission Bay Campus
2nd Annual CDD Community Meeting (a free, 1-day event) on October 7th is the best place for the CDD community and all scientists to get together, discuss their research projects, and showcase their work to others in the community.
Early List of Confirmed Speakers:
* David Sullivan, MD, Johns Hopkins
* Fred Buckner, MD, University of Washington
* Janice Kranz, PhD, Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard
* Conor Caffrey, PhD, Sandler Center, UCSF
* Jean Claude-Bradley, PhD Dept. of Chemistry, Drexel University
* Sean Ekins, PhD, ex-Pfizer/Lilly Computational Chemist
* Andrea Altieri, PhD, ASINEX
* Robert Damoiseaux, PhD, UCLA Molecular Screening Shared Resource (MSSR) Center
* Moses Hohman, PhD, Head of Software, Collaborative Drug Discovery (CDD roadmap)
* J. Leighton Read, MD (Alloy Ventures) - Financing Biomedical Innovation from academia to the market: From FluMist™ to Priority Review Vouchers and other stories
* Russell "Rusty" Bromley, Chief Operating Officer, Myelin Repair Foundation
Timely panel topics:
* Panel #1: What Foundations are looking for from Academic researchers?
* Panel #2: What makes collaborations successful within and between groups?
Who should attend?
* Scientists working in drug discovery
* Researchers who are involved in collaborations or generate complex drug discovery data
* Students who want to learn more about the drug discovery industry
* People who wish to network, establish new or strengthen existing collaborations
* Current CDD community members to set the collaborative platform's future direction
* Anyone interested in new drugs for diseases of the developing world, private public partnerships, and/or global health
Stay for the post-symposium reception from 6 -7pm!