Thursday, August 02, 2007

CombiUgi on MyExperiment

I've been lurking for a while on the MyExperiment mailing list and noticed that they just opened beta testing. I still don't know exactly how it can useful to help us do science beyond what we are doing but there's just one way to find out.

Of all of our activities I think that the CombiUgi project fits the workflow concept described by MyExperiment. It involves heavy systematic processing of information from the generation of the libraries to the docking evaluation then synthesis and testing.

Since Rajarshi Guha built the CombiUgi webservice to generate the virtual libraries I think we really need his input to see if this can make things easier.

I've created a project called CombiUgi but no workflows yet. You'll probably need to create an account on the beta site to view it.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Bill Hooker said...

Well, I signed up -- I sign on to all these things, just in case one of 'em sticks. Diversity is good (saith the biologist!).

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Rajarshi said...

Interesting - this sounds like a lot of what we're trying to do at IU. In essence it seems to be an online workflow management tool - but I just scanned the details.

It appears to be Taverna based and I think Taverna support web services. So if it is indeed a workflow tool, then it should be easy to add external services/functionality

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License