Questions for Group
I am working on a definition of "open chemistry" in terms of philosophy and practice. If you have a chance, please offer your ideas about these questions:
1. How do you define "open chemistry"?
2. In your experience, is chemistry, as a discipline, "open" or "closed"?
3. Why do you believe there is opposition to "open" science (specifically, chemistry)?
4. Are you aware of funding agencies requiring open access to publicly funded research? How do you feel about that movement?
5. What is the root "philosophy" of sharing data?
6. How is sharing best practiced (in your opinion)?