Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chemistry Corner on Drexel Island

With Eloise's help, we now have a Chemistry Corner on Drexel Island where chemists can put up posters and objects within Second Life.

We have different boards available at the store (multiple image Powerpoint-style, single image url link and single image teleport link) so it is really easy to set up a poster with little experience.
I have seeded the area with a presentation on Open Notebook Science and link to our UsefulChem wiki as well as a link to the Blue Obelisk wiki. The American Chemical Society will have a poster up shortly.

The Chemistry Corner is right next to the Ugi reaction staircase Jessica is building. (slurl)


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jean Claude, As a newbie on Second Life I had a very exciting morning transporting myself to Drexel Island, discovering that I could fall from almost any height and not damage myself. I got as far as your platform, but I couldn't find the chemistry corner. Could you send me directions or the place's coordinates? I'd like to take a look at it.
Best wishes

Simon
simon.robinson@icis.com

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley said...

Simon,
To access Chemistry Corner just click on the SLURL in the post. That should start up Second Life automatically then click on the orange teleport button that pops up. I changed the SLURL a little to make it easier - it was teleporting you just outside the area. Now it goes to the middle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License