Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Going to Science Foo Camp

I just got an invitation to attend Science Foo Camp in August 07, a unique meeting organized by Nature, O'Reilly and Google. Based on what I heard from last year's attendees this will be an amazing opportunity to bounce ideas around.

I'd like to hear more from others who are going or who attended last year.
As before, we will be inviting around 200 people who are doing particularly interesting work in a wide range of scientific disciplines, as well as in areas of technology and culture that influence, and are influenced by, science. The aim is to encourage cross-fertilization of ideas, creating a unique opportunity to explore topics that transcend traditional boundaries. Of course, senior colleagues from Nature, O'Reilly, and Google will also be present.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jean Claude!

I have been invited too, but I am not sure I can go, I am trying to get funded, but hopefully, I will meet you there.

I would love to meet you in the flesh and maybe we could prepare something about TSL together.

Hugs,
Guido

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley said...

Guido - I hope you're able to make it - let me know

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

I just got the invitation, too. Will take a couple of days to decide to go or not to go - sounds terrific!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License