Here is a summary of our lab meeting yesterday:
1) We welcomed two new members: Lin is with us for the summer under a Maryanoff undergraduate scholarship and Dave B (our second Dave) has started as a graduate student.
2) Now that we're having more luck with getting NMRs from our 300MHz machine things should move more quickly. Well, at least we are getting good proton spectra. Carbon is still problematic. We would like to publish these spectra using JSpecView, as described by Lancashire in his recent CONFCHEM paper.
3) We are going to be recording the experiments in the UsefulChem wiki before copying them over to the experiments blog when finalized. That way, we can track who did what and when. This comes with a third party timestamp to indicate when experiments were done and conclusions reached. James has started to move over his EXP015.
4) Dave B will get started on using the THINK software to see if methylating the catechol moiety in our first anti-malarial target will prevent binding to enoyl reductase.
5) James is about to find out if any aldehyde was obtained from the decomposition of adrenaline in phosphoric acid. That should be very obvious from the NMR of the ether extract.
6) Khalid is about to run another Chromatotron on his attempted Ugi reaction. The cyclized product should be in one of the fast moving spots so he'll look at those first.